Tuesday 1 November 2011

Beauty and the Beast


I struggled with what to call this blog post. Beauty and the Beast seemed the most apt but all will become apparent shortly ...

Here's the beauty ... the beauty of photography which enables you to capture that perfect soulful moment ... that wistful gaze ... that beautiful autumn light. Just one snap - one click of the shutter, catching my partner's son unawares whilst walking at Tredegar House.

blog-tredegar-1ed2
blog-tredegar-2ed

Now bring on the Beast ... he was excited ... he had a costume ... he had face paint ... he was the scariest boy on the block ... he had too many sweets! I shouldn't really call my son a beast but he can be everso good at it!

blog pcr-17edbw

This, to me is the power of an image and why I love photography. Although very different, these photographs are the same in so many ways. They don't just capture a moment in time but a feeling. For me this is perhaps my favourite image of my little boy. Not your everyday traditional portrait but it evokes so much emotion in me. It's how he is and I never want to forget these moments.

The moral of my story? Next time you grab your camera try thinking outside the box. Think about what makes moments special, how you want to remember them, the feelings associated with special times. Take pictures of the unexpected. The details, candid moments. You'll have a unique set of images to look back on for a lifetime. Promise.


idea1

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...