Thursday 10 November 2011

Newborn Safety Week


This week was the first Newborn Safety Week. Led at the forefront by Stateside Photographers; the aim of the week is to really highlight the safety required when photographing a newborn baby. This is something very close to my heart. I always take the upmost care with my little ones during their sessions. The trend nowadays seems to pose babies in the most awkward positions. Seemingly impossible poses that (although cute) if not constructed in the correct way WILL cause the baby harm. I use the word constructed as that is what these images are. Photoshop is a very clever application - the camera never lies?? Yes ... yes it does. These photos are composites. Please, please don't try this at home.

I tend to avoid such drastic poses as I find my customers prefer something a little more subtle but it scares me that some newbie photographers are out there actually trying these crazy images ... for REAL.

There is a real art to newborn photography. Patience is number one (I have often been called the baby whisperer). You must work slowly and be mindful of the baby at all times. If baby doesn't like being in a certain position then you need to be flexible enough to adapt. I've been doing this a while now and it takes practice - no two babies are ever the same.

On that note ... I have the pleasure of introducing this little fella, one of my most recent newborns. Love his hair ... love his eyes (I'm a sucker for eyes!). He was just brilliant although not at all sleepy - far too much going on.

blog-web-5

blog-web-23bw

bog-web-3bw


If you are expecting or know someone who is then I strongly recommend booking your session when in mid to late pregnancy. Sessions slots fill up quickly and ideally your little one should be captured within the first 10 days (preferably earlier) of their new life. Yes I know babies rarely come on time (both of mine kept me waiting over 10 days!) so I offer flexibility around your due date to ensure we get that perfect moment.

Now taking bookings for 2012 newborns. Give me a call on 07852 255 766 or drop me an email for more details.

idea1

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...