Tuesday 2 August 2011

Under the Boardwalk


Now for the second part of my recent photo weekend. Day two was to be a more gentle affair. After all, day one was a bit frantic and we were all totally exhausted. I decided that a relaxing stroll along the pier was in order. If you've never been to Penarth Pier then I urge you to do so. It is the most beautiful of Victorian landmarks and (for me) just perfect for photo sessions.

Today's models were a great family that I had the pleasure to photograph last year. Not only are they all stunning but they are naturals with the camera - perfect for my visiting photographer friends to get their hands on.

Yet again, I didn't photograph too much. I preferred to sit and chat to mum whilst looking after the bags of kit scattered over the pier. After all, I've photographed on the pier LOADS of times. I already had lots of great images of these children. It was new and exciting for my visitors but my portfolio is full to bulging with these types of images. But ... I had a plan. I often get pictures in my head. I knew EXACTLY what I want to shoot. I wanted to go under the pier with the eldest of the family - a stunning almost 15 year old. I could envisage something funky using the beautiful diffused light and the textured surroundings.

glasses

leaning

face bw

duo

close up


Photographing older children (or should I say young adults) is always a pleasure for me. I capture so many babies and toddlers that it's always refreshing to try something a little different. A bit more funky. A touch more urban and hip.

Finally, a HUGE hank you to all of my wonderful models for your patience. I hope you had fun - I know we did!


idea1

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...