Friday 29 July 2011

Clicks, Chicks and Chardonnay


One of the best things EVER about my job has been the wonderful people I have met along the way. Through social media sites such as Flickr and Facebook I have been lucky enough to become acquainted with a bunch of like minded photographers. We share, we laugh and we support each other. If we've had a bad day we pick each other up. We share hints and tips and we moan. Yep that's right ... we moan. Sometimes when you work on your own you miss someone to whine too - just as a way of venting frustrations and getting it all out of your system. It's all generally better then.

Problem is, all of my bestest buddies are up north (and Guilford, sorry Kate). We speak daily but rarely get together. A virtual relationship is all very well but there isn't anything better than the real thing. So, many months ago I threw open an invitation to the lovely ladies to come to Cardiff for a weekend of photos, cake and ultimately just a little wine to ease our aching bones. It can be hard work running after kids you know. The main aim of the weekend though was to allow the ladies to get some cracking images for their portfolios. I gathered models, props and took them to some of my most favourite locations.

One of the best things about events like this is that you can shoot for yourself. The pressure is off. You can be a touch more creative than you would usually be. You can play and experiment. It keeps you fresh. It keeps you creative. It's fun! Really fun!

This is the first blog post to document the day. I didn't shoot that much - I felt an overwhelming responsibility to make everything run smoothly - but I got a few that I was happy with and the girls all seemed to have a ball (even though I did burn the chicken wings!). Much more to follow but here are a few of mine from our evening session at the meadow.

Thank you to Claire Penn, Kate Griffin, Pam Hordon, Alexandra Andrews, Aly Linaker, Tamara Tovey and Amanda Holl for coming to visit. Also a HUGE thank you to all of my models and their parents for allowing us to capture them on the day. I just know you are going to be delighted with the results.

tia and lily

net full on

side

tia duo

moody

lily duo


Thanks again to everyone and make sure you come back again VERY soon ...

idea1

4 comments:

Tamara Tovey said...

Absolutely amazing! I am turning green from jealosy here because I seem to have missed the best part :) These are simply stunning. Thank you so much for organizing it, it was great to finally meet you all in person! x

Boo said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos Sarah. So sorry I couldn't make it - I'll be there next time!! xxx

Kate said...

Thank you for sharing your home, your special shooting locations and your inability to BBQ. Perhaps the cover of darkness and a bottle of wine does not a fully cooked burger make. Gorgeous images Sarah. Thank god you photograph far better than you oven bake chicken wings. I mean, far better. And I actually liked the blackened wings.

Alexandra Andrews said...

Sarah I had such an amazing weekend, you continue to inspire and encourage me so much and your generosity in opening up your home and head full of ideas was second to none thank you.
You may not have taken many pictures yourself but those you did are fantastical !!! I'll share mine with you soon.
...and just for the record the chicken wings were not as bad as they looked !

Heres to the next meet up wherever and whenever that is until then we have facebook x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...