Friday 17 June 2011

Daddy Cool { Happy Fathers Day }


My Dad often annoys the pants off me … go on admit it yours does the same to you right? I think it’s given as read that parents are put on this planet to test your mortal soul. I honestly don’t think you’re being a proper parent unless you are embarrassing the life out of your kids. I must admit to a sense of evil satisfaction to be able to (finally) be able to master this fully with my 11 year old. It’s sport.

blog 4


As a kid, all of my Dad’s little quirks (of which he has many) really irritated me. Playing his awful music very loud, making me sit down and actually listen to his favourite songs whilst explaining to me the nuances of Jimi Hendrix’s masterful guitar techniques. His obsession with comic books. He would sit and go through piles and piles of them whilst trying so hard to explain that the artwork was out of this world. BORING!

blog 3

blog 2


I am now older … much older. Age and experience now makes me reminisce on these times with great affection. Those awful songs are now my favourites. Those silly little comics are now treasures of graphic art. My Dad has never been what I would consider a ‘normal’ Father, he just let me get on with my life in his characteristic laid back fashion. What I am trying to say is that, without knowing it, my Dad really has impacted on my life and my loves. What I failed to realise at the time is that he has subtly shaped me into the woman and Mother that I am today.

dad-blog1


So, on this Father’s day I wanted to celebrate my Dad. You may be a little on the quirky side but hey … like Father like Daughter. Thanks Dad.

idea1

6 comments:

Alexandra Andrews said...

Lovely images as usual Sarah, I take loads of pictures of my kids but not enough of my dad (or my mum for that matter) you have just given me a nudge to do it while I can. And I think Imight be turning into my dad I'm always saying to my kids "when I was your age"..... is that just me ?

Andrea Ellison Photography said...

ahhhhhhh I bloody love this post....Dad's are so special......and what a lovely way for you to show yours just how special he is ...best fathers day present ever xx

Anonymous said...

Great piece and lovely images. I miss my dad but I do have lots of pix of him. Treasure yours xx

Unknown said...

Really love images!! And how lovely it is to hear the personal side of life and to recognise the similarities! Photos to treasure my dear!!

Kate said...

Dear old dads. You've got to love them. Not all of the time. But most.Your dad seems considerably more socially acceptable than mine though! Love that shot of him framed in the greenhouse door - classic dad.

Claire Penn Photography said...

Perfect... <3

And ditto - all the songs my dad made me listen to are now my favourites too. :) I'm doing a shoot with my Dad on Sunday... can't wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...